Thursday 21 May 2015

MEDICAL PG IN MALAYSIA FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL DOCTORS

MEDICAL PG IN MALAYSIA  FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL DOCTORS

Malaysia .. we all know this country as a place for tourism.. well known for tourist places like the twin tower,Genting highlands and LANGKAWI.who doesn’t love to sit in the beach and have a nice time.but Now many are looking into the possibility of staying and working in Malaysia and to make ones 2nd home.
Well im not here to talk about that,just to provide some general information about how to get yourself enrolled into the MASTERS PROGRAM.SPECIALLY  for THE  doctors … we all lack information about PG opportunities.being a Bangladeshi doctor myself I frequently asked myself these questions what to do now ? where can I study?is it recognized? Will they accept me as a doctor or do I have to give exam.

So if you are looking to study masters in a CLINICAL SUBJECT ,yeah you heard me right a clinical subject then you have very few options where they will recognize you directly..

UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA

Here in this university you can do your masters in the courses offered byt the college which are almost all the subjects.but the catch is its for 4 years.now I will be giving you brief information about the course.
Number of years: 4 years

Place:kuala lampur

Subject:ophthalmology,damily medicine,otolaryngology,surgery ,pathology , interneal medicine etc etc.

Cost: 58120 RM, or roughly 16100 US dollar,Roughly 13 lac TK.
Degree offered: masters in ophthalmology or so on…..etc etc

Requirements:

1.       MBBS degree
2.       1yr internship
3.       IELTS score 5.5
4.       Qualifies for medical registration act 1971(for Bangladeshi doctors ,students from colleges under Dhaka university and Chittagong university are mentioned.mainly institutions like Dhaka medical college and Chittagong medical is mentioned)
5.       Satisfies the departments entrance evaluation
6.       Max age limit 37yrs














HOW TO APPLY:
Its done solely through online.apply on this address
htttp:// ips.um.edu.my
 
Drawbacks:
1.       Not recognized by BMDC(Bangladesh medical and dental council)
2.        staying can be costly in a city like Malaysia.


p.s with this degree you can work at any hospital in middle east including Malaysia.

Everything I have written may not be correct.be cautious and do your own research.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Alimul Haq

Important links



2.       http://ips.um.edu.my/



1 comment:

  1. I am under Chittagong University but not from Chittagong Medical College. In this case, is there any chance that I can pursue my PG degree or they are only limited for students from Chittagong Medical College? Can you please clarify this?

    ReplyDelete